Thank you for interest in purchasing a home through Project Build a Future. Project Build a Future is a non-profit organization that believes homeownership should be possible for everyone and are always working to help families achieve this dream.
Here’s how you can qualify:
- The person (s) purchasing the home must have steady and sufficient income ($25,000 minimum amount). While PBAF prioritizes low to moderate income households, we serve any income level above the minimum.
- The person(s) purchasing the home must be interested in living in the area north of Broad Street in Lake Charles
- The person (s) purchasing the home must have low debt to be able to qualify for a home loan.
- The person (s) purchasing the home must be willing to volunteer a minimum of one hundred hours of sweat equity time.
- The person (s) purchasing the home must complete a HUD certified Homebuyer Education Course and obtain a certificate.
To begin the process of determining eligibility, fill out our application. The COMPLETE application must be mailed to:
Project Build a Future
2306 3rd Street,
Lake Charles, LA 70601
You can also fill out the form from your device and email it to [email protected]
You MUST attach proof of income for all household members who receive income (employment, social security, child support, etc.). We will then review your application and contact you within two weeks of receiving it.